Pet Nutritional Counselingin Mandeville, LA
Nutrition is an essential part of your pet’s wellness care, but when it comes to diet, one size doesn’t necessarily fit all. Younger animals need food to help them grow up strong and healthy, while older pets can benefit from diets tailored to their specific health needs. Some pets have allergies that require dietary changes.
Others are facing obesity, a growing problem in both dogs and cats and a major contributor to a host of health problems, including diabetes, joint pain, kidney disease, and high blood pressure. To schedule your pet’s nutritional counseling appointment, call us at (985) 626-5615!
What to expectHow We Support You:
- Quick & Comfortable Examination
- Knowledgeable Staff
- A Comprehensive Plan For A Healthy Life For Your Pet
Frequently Asked Questions
How Nutritional Counseling Can Help:
Many common diseases can be prevented by changes in diet, and therapeutic diets can also be used in the treatment of many health conditions. This is why we offer nutritional counseling for your pet at Lakeshore Veterinary Hospital. Some of the nutritional topics that we can go over with you include:
- Basic nutrition and feeding practices
- Nutritional recommendations according to your pet’s stage of life
- Home-cooked diets and ensuring proper nutritional balance for them
- Determining your pet’s daily caloric needs
- Interpreting pet food labels
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) and its link to grain free diets in dogs
Your pet’s weight, physical activity, medical history, and genetic predisposition are just some of the many factors we consider when tailoring a nutritional plan for you to follow. We have a variety of diets available for pets in all stages of life, including diets for maintaining overall health and for meeting specific therapeutic needs. Our staff can help you find the right one for you and your pet. Nutritional counseling is included as part of the wellness exam, but you can schedule a consultation anytime.